Links & Resources
- A Born Again American - Proud to be a born again American, by Phoenix Stone
- About.com - depression quizzes
- ANFIX - do PTSD symptoms every really go away?
- Answers.com - on the My Lai massacre
- Arms For Vets
- 3-18artillery - The resource section of this site has a wealth of information on PTSD + dozens of other links. Excellent
- Carry the Guilt
- Charlie Company 4/3
- CNN - My Lai, Blood and Fire
- Combat Tracker Team - a site dedicated to the combat tracker teams of the Vietnam War and in greatful appreciation for their
honorable service and to those that trained them and made survival possible
- Common Dreams - the truth about veterans suicide
- Cosmic Gallery - Hubble picture album/gallery
- Counter Punch - a political newspaper, edited by Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St.Clair
- Defend America - military articles
- Epigee - mental health, PTSD ...
- Good War Stories
- Health Communities - symptoms of PTSD
- Healthy Place - PTSD self test
- Healthy Place - lots of psychological self tests
- HistoryNet - the refugees of Duc Pho
- Human Rights Council
- Human Traffic
- IAVA - Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America; Troops Charities: From Salute America's Heroes to The Bob Woodruff Family
Fund for Traumatic Brain Injury, there are many great charities that can connect you with troops and veterans in need. We've highlighted a few of the best. Events in Your
Area: Some of our member veterans sent us information about the events they will be attending in their hometowns. See if there are any near you. Support IAVA: Here are some
creative ways for you to support our work, along with some suggestions for how you can learn more about what our troops experience during and after their service.
- Infoplease - My Lai history pages
- Inside Scoop Live - live radio interview with Victor Volkman,
Marc Levy, Tom Skiens and Tony Swindell
- Jeffrey A. Wolin Photography - Vietnam Peoples' Army Veterans Photography site
- Jima Ranch - Jim Alexander (TEX) is a veteran of Charlie Company 4/3 11th LIB 1970. He is the author of
'The Battle For BATO' - Jim (TEX) Was wounded by a series of explosions at the
'Rice Bowl'. He is the owner/operator of a goat ranch in Texas and the Jima Ranch website
- Koh Tang
- Mayo Clinic - symptoms of PTSD
- Medicine Net
- Military.com - This site is free. They publish once a month. Use this site to keep abreast of changes in veteran benefits or
disability payments. It often highlights special veteran programs in housing, transportation, recreation and employment. I find this site informative but not pushy or
overwhelming. Veterans Report is the most comprehensive newsletter available to help Veterans stay current on benefits changes, learn about important legislation, get
great discounts, and use the benefits earned in service. And its free.
- More Than a Memory - Reflections of Vietnam... writers and poets
- MSNBC - smoke
- My Lai Peace Park Project - a place to give... Sometimes we do things because it's the right thing to do.
The My Lai Peace Project is one of these things; share a partnership forged through fate. Read the 2009 peace project newsletter
Part #1 and Part #2
- National Center For PTSD - Straight from the horses mouth. The department of veterans affairs maintains this site.
- National Veterans Art Museum - go here to see the 'Dressed to Kill' bullet sculpture, by Joseph Clarence Fornelli (1965),
'The Class of 67' by Charlie Scobe (1984), and more
- Old Guard Association
- OPB - American Experience > My Lai
- PTSD Help Guide
- Psych Central
- Rand - report on invisible wounds
- 173rd Airborne - Another cold war outfit that is adapting to the policies of transformation. Some call them the
Sky Solders and almost everyone calls them the Herd. They have a tradition of always Jumping into battle. They did it in WWII. When they flew to Vietnam and jumped
the locals nicknamed them, 'the sky solders'. The Herd joined the Red Catchers as the second fire brigade. Westmoreland threw the Herd into places Like Duc To.
Elements of the herd formed elite LRRP teams that latter were re designated, 75th Ranger qualified. When we attacked Iraq and the Turks refused to allow the 4th Mec.
Inf. division access to their ports we called on the 173rd Herd. Once again they jumped into battle in northern Iraq to secure an airfield. The 173rd duty station is
Italy. They are sometimes called 'Italy's 911 '...
- Reuters - children
- Steven Newton - A 4/3 Veteran, talented artist and writer
- Symptoms of PTSD
- The Davis Virtual Market
- The Red Catchers - A sister Battalion: The second Battalion of the old Guard arrived in Vietnam December 1966.
They joined the 199th Infantry Brigade, a cold war relic. Westmoreland used the red catchers as a fire Brigade. If a hot spot developed or a major operation was planned
the red catchers would be called. They conducted two combat assaults into Saigon during the 68 Tet battles. This Old Guard unit was the spearhead in the battle to retake
the race track and defeat the communist offensive.
- 11th LIB - The 11th Light Infantry Brigade website is a hub for information on the four manuver Battalions
and the various task Forces. Battalion and many company sites contain unit histories plus volumns of other info about that unit. The Brigade site will
link you to this wealth of information
- Timeline of World War 2
- TM - a natural
- United States Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- US Army Center of Military History - 4th Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment
(The Old Guard) lineage and honors information
- VA Watchdog - Keeping an eye on the VA because somebody has to
- Veterans Children
- Veterans Children - Ripple
- Veterans Programs - U.S. Veteran Compensation Programs is the first unique website dedicated to helping
U.S. veterans discover the benefits they have earned
- Vets With a Mission - contains a great deal of information on: the Vietnam war, Vietnam war photos, the ethnic peoples
of Vietnam, current events in Vietnam, travel tips and more
- VietnamPix - An amazing photo history of Vietnam You must see to enjoy
- Vietnam Resources - quotes, articles, glossaries, maps, logistics and
much more information about or pertaining to Vietnam
- War Stories - war stories, such as that about William Warner Utts and from
- Web MD - PTSD
- Wiki - on PTSD
- World Health Organization
- WWII Vets With PTSD
* If you have a Regional Veterans Administration office in your town, the phone number is ---1000.
In 1968 Sgt Bethel was humping an M-60 machine gun with Delta Company of the 4/3 infantry Regiment. This photo was taken
in 2007. Sgt. Bethel was promoted to First Sgt. in 2008.
Map of Kurdistan where Sgt bethel was stationed at the time of the photo.